Tired of running solo? The pavement not enough company? I recommend you try joining a running club/team, so you can enjoy some of the following benefits:
1. Safety – It’s obviously much safer to run in pairs or with a group. If there is an emergency within the group, there’s always someone there to help. And potential attackers are more likely to strike a lone runner than they are a group.
2. Motivational Boost- With group running, you get your own personal cheering squad. Members of running clubs and teams root each other on during races and support one another through long runs.
3. Competitive Boost/Improved Performance– Let’s be real, everyone thrives on a little healthy competition. When you’re running with others who are encouraging you to run faster and harder, it’s easier to take it to the next level.
4. Social- Anyone who has run with a group knows that it’s a great opportunity to get to know people with similar interests. Many people have met their spouse, significant other, or close friends through a running group or club.
5. Creative Stimulation– Some people prefer to run alone so they can sort of their thoughts and do some brainstorming. But running in a group may actually get your creative juices flowing even more than running solo because you’re able to bounce ideas off other people.
**(information Courtesy of About.com)
Many of you have been asking about local running teams, so here is a list of some great local teams to help get you ready for the Mission Inn Run!Inland Empire Running Club Chino Hills, CA Canyon Striders Running Group Moreno Valley, CA Riverside Road Runners Riverside, CA Meetups: Check out their website for training days! Corona Running Club Corona, CA Palm Springs Frontrunners & Walkers Palm Springs, CA The Lopers Club Loma Linda, CA Inland Empire Racewalkers Riverside, CA